A Practical Guide to Music Expression
– and the Elements of Music –
In this free course we will be looking into ways of giving meaning to your music by using the musical elements and how you can apply them in your music. Get access to insights and practical tools that will help you unlock your creative potential and overcome the difficulties of implementing your musical ideas in whatever genre you are composing.
This course focuses on how you can use contexts, images, ideas, emotions to give you hints on how you can use the various musical elements to express yourself. The bonus materials cover the music theory concepts approached in the course along with the abridged version of the Beyond Music Theory eBook.
Who is this Course For
- For those who wish to learn how to explore the emotional character of music through the musical elements in their music compositions
- Music enthusiasts with little to no music knowledge
1. A Practical Guide to Music Expression
- Getting to Know the Elements of Music
- Case Study (1)
- Composing Music Using a Image – Case Study (2)
- Conclusion and Project Assignment
2. Support Content
- The music intervals
- Scale degrees and leading-tone
- Main chord types
- Suspended Chords
- Seventh chords
- Chord extensions
- Chord inversions
- Chord voicings
- Functional harmony
- Harmonic cadences
- Chord substitutions
3. Bonus Content
- Beyond Music Theory – Reference Manual (Preview for PDF)
This course is for registered members only. Please Login or Sign up / choose the corresponding Course Plan:
If you have already logged in and selected your plan, please refresh this page. Your logged status will appear on the sidebar of the other pages.
Please refresh the page if you don’t see the Course Content after login
I hope you enjoy the course!
If you have any question or suggestion, please let me know in the comments below!
Also, consider subscribing to blog’s newsletter to stay updated!